Reaching our community with
ONE Heart, ONE Mission, ONE God
Discover how One Baptist can help shape and encourage your walk
we are here to help
What to expect
Simple – Sincere – Sure
The Who of ONE
We at ONE believe in the simplicity that is in Christ (2 Corinthians 11:3). We strive to follow the example Paul laid out in 2 Corinthians 1:12 stating that “in simplicity…we have had our conversation in the world”. There is nothing complicated concerning our mission, our services, our people: “glorify God”.
We believe that according to Titus 2:7 our lives should present a “pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity”. There is enough hypocrisy throughout the world. Our prayer is that you will find relief in a place amongst people that truly desire our lives to fully encompass the very definition of “godly sincerity”.
We at ONE rest our eternal hope in the “more sure word of prophecy” (2 Peter 1:19). We submit to the understanding that living out lives of simplicity and sincerity requires a sure authority. ONE stands on the authority of the sure word of God. If we are to follow after 1 Corinthians 1:10 and “all speak the same thing”, and have “no divisions” among us, and “be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment”, it will only take place when the sure word of God is our focus, desire, and mind on all matters. (1 Cor 2:16)
The What of ONE
To proclaim the eternal riches of Christ (Ephesians 3.8)
- Because God is LOVE, we are uncompromising in our pursuit of SACRIFICIAL LOVE (John 13.34-35; I John 4.16)
- Because God is LIGHT, we are uncompromising in our pursuit of CHRISTLIKE HOLINESS (1 John 1.5)
To reveal the eternal mystery of God (Ephesians 3.9)
- Because Christ is the WORD, we are uncompromising in our pursuit of EXPOSITORY PREACHING (John 1.1)
- Because Christ is GLORY, we are uncompromising in our pursuit of SPIRITED WORSHIP (John 1.14).
To display the eternal wisdom of God (Ephesians 3.10-11)
- Because Christ is the POWER OF GOD, we are uncompromising in our pursuit of GLOBAL MISSIONS (Romans 1.16; Matthew 28.19-20)
- Because Christ is the IMAGE OF GOD, we are uncompromising in our pursuit of BIBLICAL DISCIPLESHIP (Colossians 1.15; Matthew 22.35-40)
- Because Christ is the LIFE OF GOD, we are uncompromising in our pursuit of EXPONENTIAL REPRODUCTION (John 1.4; 15.4-5; Colossians 3.4)
The Why of ONE
To glorify God in reproducing worshipers (Ephesians 3:21; John 17:4,6,8,18). Through:
- Bringing people into a relationship with Christ;
- Helping those same people grow into Christ-likeness;
- Equipping them to fulfill Christ’s mission in their own lives.
To fulfill the Great Commandment and the Great Commission (Matthew 22:35-40; 28:19-20). Through:
- BEING what He made us to BE in loving God and loving People;
- DOING what He made us to DO, in reaching and investing in People for Him.